General Summary: The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services related to all functions of human resources and collaborate on projects with other members of the human resources team as needed to support effective and efficient operations of the department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responding to internal and external inquiries and requests related to the HR department, referring more complex questions to appropriate HR team member.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Processing employee records such as constructive discipline, separation notices, wage adjustments, unemployment claims, etc. and entering information in databases as needed.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Assist in recruiting, compensation, training, compliance, and employee relations processes as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED (HR related degree or certification a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude, and ability to work independently.
- Position is sedentary and will require prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
FiveStar is a equal opportunity employer!