2 Health Environmentalists
Status: Full-time, Contract with benefits
Pay Rate: $18.00-$20.00/hour based on experience
Reports to: Area Environmental Supervisor
Location: Hardin County & Nelson County
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Food Service: Reviews plans, conducts detailed sanitation inspections of all types of food establishments. Conducts investigations in response to food borne illness complaints, quarantines product and provide food safety education classes.
- Gather evidence for enforcement of public health laws for conferences, hearings and/or court proceedings.
- Public Facilities: Reviews plans, conducts detailed sanitation inspections of public facilities.
- General Sanitation: Responds to consumer complaints and performs investigations to include but not limited to insect, rodent and vector breeding sites, controls rabies outbreaks with quarantines of biting animals, assists with mass immunizations at rabies clinics. Gathers evidence for enforcement of public health nuisance laws. Investigates and troubleshoot malfunctioning septic systems, boil water advisory assistance, and collects private water samples.
- Onsite Sewage: Reviews and approves onsite sewage disposal site plans, conducts soil evaluations, designs and approves locations, conducts inspections of conventional, modified and experimental treatment systems, provides investigations & gathers evidence for enforcement of onsite sewage laws.
- Customer service oriented. Ability to work as a team member promoting teamwork and approaches problems with that understanding.
- Maintain confidentiality as per Lincoln Trail District Health Department Confidentiality Agreement.
Bachelor’s degree from a college or university with a minor or twenty-four (24) semester hours in environmental health, biological or physical science or registration as a Kentucky Environmental Specialist/Sanitarian under
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. An individual upon employment must become registered under the provisions of KRS 223 to remain a permanent employee per Administrative
Regulations 902 KAR 8:080.
Employees in the class will be required to obtain credentials outlined below within a reasonable time, or if employees possess such credentials at the time of hire, they will be required to maintain those credentials so long as they are employed in this capacity. Must participate in annual continuing education classes.
Please complete an online contract application by 4:30 pm EST on September 30, 2022. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation. Criminal background, licensure check, and drug screening will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Lincoln Trail District Health Department, 108 New Glendale Road, Elizabethtown, KY
42702, Fax: +1-270-387-1737, Web: https://www.ltdhd.org/
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bardstown, KY 40004: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location