Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community. Responsibilities:
PRN, Variable Shifts, Flaget Memorial Hospital
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Emergency Room Technician works in the Emergency Department and is responsible for providing quality technical care to each patient under the supervision of an RN or the Emergency Department physician. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to: safety, patient care tasks, and procedures communication, customer service, and teamwork.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform patient care duties utilizing a team approach in collaboration with the RN’s, MD’s, and other team members of the comprehensive care team.
2. Must be able to perform the following tasks efficiently: perform/record vital signs, phlebotomy, CPR, apply oxygen delivering systems, perform simple wound irrigation/direct pressure/ dressings, prepare sterile fields for suturing, assist MD with treatment of nosebleed and other emergent conditions, apply restraints, clean medical equipment and prepare for sterilization, collect urine specimens, greet patients/family and prepare patients for physician/nurse examination.
3. Place patient on cardiac monitor, identify potential life threatening arrhythmias and report immediately to the appropriate provider, pulse oximetry measurement, set up rooms for special procedures (pelvic, exams, ENT, sutures), apply splints and teach crutch walking.
4. Communicates effectively and appropriately.
5. Contributes to maintenance of a clean, safe environment to minimize hazards of infection or injury.
6. Contributes to the efficient operation of Nursing Services.
7. Other duties as assigned by management.