Full Job Description
The City of Bardstown is now accepting applications for a full-time 24/48 position of Firefighter / EMT. Application may be found on line at cityofbardstown.org.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Complete a background check, including drug screen
- Complete a physical
- Must have a current Candidate Physical Agility Testing (CPAT) unless completing a lateral transfer from another full time position from another department
- Or Any full-time firefighter who is currently employed or who has previously been employed by a Kentucky fire department in accordance with KRS prior to January 1, 2013
- Kentucky or National Registry E.M.T.
- 24 hours on, with 48 hours off
- Starting Salary: $45,680
- State Training Incentive: $4,000 (after completion of requirements)
- Health insurance, life insurance, LTD, paid holidays
- C.E.R.S. Hazardous Duty Retirement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,680.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Do you have your 400 hour level firefighter certification?
- Do you have your 150 hour level firefighter certification?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Firefighters: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location