Visitor Experience Inventory Associate (Full-Time)
Full Job Description
The Bardstown Bourbon Company is a celebration of the art of making whiskey. No secrets, mythical stories, or fabricated legends. We celebrate the craft of making great whiskey and the Bardstown community that brings bourbon to the world.
Set on 100 acres of active farmland in the heart of the Bourbon Capital of the World in Bardstown, KY, Bardstown Bourbon Company drives innovation, while honoring the traditional art of making bourbon. We produce the highest-quality, authentic Kentucky bourbon, whiskey, and rye brands as well as offer custom whiskey production through our one-of-a-kind Collaborative Distilling Program.
We are the first Napa Valley-style destination on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail to provide a full-service culinary experience at our Bardstown Bourbon Co Kitchen & Bar. Here, our visitors enjoy comfort food, exceptional salads, and farm-fresh meats and cheeses. Our bar offers a creative cocktail program, a whiskey and vintage spirits library, a curated wine collection, and a selection of local draft beers. The Bardstown Bourbon Company Kitchen & Bar is the perfect foundation for a memorable afternoon or evening.
For more information, please visit www.bardstownbourbon.com.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Visitor Experience Inventory Associate to provide outstanding customer service to every guest who visits the Visitors Experience at Bardstown Bourbon Company by keeping all areas in stock. The successful candidate must be able to work efficiently in a high-paced setting. Must be able to work in a retail setting as well as assist with the setup, breakdown, and organization of our tour experiences when needed. A passion for working with the public and an exemplary work ethic are required.
Lead Monthly inventory counts. (Retail & VE)
- Keep retail items stocked daily
- Keep manager informed of items that are low in stock.
- Keep stockroom inventory ready at all times
- Restock the classroom and Warehouse Tasting Room with class materials and glassware
- Keep a well-maintained log of supplies for each experience
- Must be willing to work customer facing areas at any time
- Must be willing to cross train in all areas of the Visitor Experience
- Must be willing to learn Bardstown Bourbon Company’s distillery practices and products
- Maintain highest health standards, sanitation and cleanliness in the classroom and Warehouse Tasting Room to meet local, state and government health guidelines
- Willing to participate in continuous training and educational opportunities
- Must be willing to take the company-paid course and become certified Stave & Thief Executive Bourbon Steward.
- Commitment for the Company’s ISO program including the quality and food safety of our products.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- A high school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in customer service and inventory practices
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer skills - Excel, Word and Outlook
- Prefer experience with POS system
Frequently required to stand and walk for at least an hour at a time; occasionally sits
- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently
- Ability to kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to determine wait time based on Visitors Experience procedures
- Frequent washing of hands
- Frequent exposure to fluctuating temperatures indoors and outdoors
- Mobility to climb stairs with tray containing glasses