Boone’s Butcher Shop is a family owned and operated retail meat store, slaughterhouse, and custom processing facility that has been operating for over 75 years. We pride ourselves in offering a wide selection of quality products and services and are looking for motivated individuals who are looking to improve or develop new skills and grow within our company. We have full time and part time positions with great hours and benefits.
Boone’s Butcher Shop is looking for a cleaning & packaging person to take carry out cleaning and other store duties. The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition as well as ensure load outs/meat bundles are carried out accurately. This is a full-time/entry level position that requires long periods of standing and some interaction with customers. Hours are Monday – Friday 9am until all cleaning is completed (usually no later than 6:30pm), Saturday’s 8am until all cleaning is completed (usually no later than 4). Full-time employees qualify for benefits after waiting period: medical, vision, life, and dental insurance after 90 days (medical, vision & life are 100% employer paid). Supplemental, short/long term disability and holiday pay after 6 months. And 401K - with company match, and vacation accrual after 1 year. Bonuses & raises are assessed annually.
- Assist with packaging product and making patties.
· Meat bundles – package & label packages for meat bundles. Gather all product from freezers/coolers for our meat bundles when customers order them
· Load outs – Package and label packages for custom processing customers. Take product from freezer, box up and assist customers in loading product to vehicle.
· Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (e.g., stock retail shelves, organize storage areas, etc.)
· Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
· Daily end of day cleaning (i.e., breaking down & cleaning machineries such as grinders, saws, etc.; cleaning floors, tables, walls; removing trash; sanitizing area)
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. over head frequently throughout the day required
· Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
· Must be over 18 years old
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location