Food Service Worker
Full Job Description
Employees will be expected to comply with SCN's vaccination policies, which include but may not be limited to compliance with SCN's mandatory vaccination policies for COVID unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law.
SIGN ON BONUS: $500 ($250 after 90 days/$250 after 6 months)
The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth are an international Congregation in a multicultural world. Impelled by the love of Christ, in the tradition of Vincent de Paul and the pioneer spirit of Catherine Spalding, Sisters and Associates are committed to work for justice in solidarity with oppressed peoples, especially the economically poor and women, and to care for the earth. They risk their lives and resources, both personally and corporately, as they engage in diverse ministries in carrying out this mission. The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth promote the dignity and equality of women and other oppressed people in Church and in society.
· Eligible to join health, dental and vision insurance plans from the first day of employment
· Life Insurance and AD&D
· Long Term Disability
· Retirement Plans (Defined Benefit Retirement Plan &Tax Deferred Annuity (403B))
· Tuition Reimbursement -Reimbursed for 90% of expenses to a maximum of $1500 per year
· Employee Assistance Program
· Vacation/Sick/PTO and Holidays
Summary/Objective: Performs a variety of tasks within the Food Service Department associated with the preparation of salads and meal pre‑preparation; transporting of food; stockroom duties; cleaning; and serving of meals.
· Organize and plan preparation of food daily according to posted menu.
· Prepare salads, desserts, and fruits for customers and special functions according to standardized quantity recipes, product quality standards and the number of customers to be served.
· Operate and clean institutional food service equipment including, but not limited to, the food chopper, food processor, steam kettle, mixer, oven, hot chocolate machine, ice cream machine, juice machine, milk machine, tea machine, toasters, coffee makers, stove top, ice machine and steam table.
· Assist in assembling diet trays for modified diets according to diet orders.
· Set up meals in the dining room.
· Pre‑prep cold items for breakfast and completes breakfast set‑up.
· Transport food to dining area and assists in serving food.
· Date and rotates stock as needed.
· Implement safety and sanitation procedures according to federal, state and local regulations.
· Wash dishes using dish machine and assist in pot and pan sink.
· Complete daily documentation including food production reports, food temperature and dish machine temperature charts, cleaning lists and food commodity inventory lists.
· Use garnishes to serve food attractively.
· Other duties may be assigned.
In addition to the above requirements, it is also your obligation as an employee to understand and uphold the mission, charism, values and language of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed represent knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ethical Conduct
· Time Management
· Team Player
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certificates: A valid driver's license is required to operate a motor vehicle to transport food to alternate serving areas as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close vision for mixing, reading recipes and menus, measuring, locating supplies; checking the appearance of food, using the food processor and meat slicer and taking the temperature of food.
- Distance vision to drive and to be aware of potential hazards in the environment.
- Color vision to identify food and distinguish quality of prepared food.
· Peripheral vision to be aware of possible hazards and general activity in the kitchen;
· Depth perception and ability to adjust focus to safely use various equipment, tools and supplies, to distinguish food color, and to take measurements and temperatures.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Environmental conditions may be affected by mixers, air conditioners, metal to metal contact, and chemicals from cleaning, freezers, and ovens. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold (freezers) and extreme heat (ovens). The noise level in the work environment can be loud
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with rotating shifts and every other weekend. Will be required to work some holidays.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location