Bottling General Labor
The Labor Pool is responsible for miscellaneous labor functions. This position reports to the Bottling Supervisor and is a member of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 23d.
The Labor Pool Employee will be responsible for general labor functions in compliance with all standard operating procedures; supremely safety and quality, to efficiently manufacture Four Roses Bourbon products.
Major Responsibilities 90%
- Write Single Barrel labels as required.
- Work as needed on the Single Barrel line including but not limited to applying hangtags, applying lower labels, stacking cases, streamlining the PBS label process, and performing rework and pour backs as necessary.
- Work as needed on the High-Speed line including but not limited to feeding the line, clearing out jams, resetting the uncaser, clearing jams on the line, assisting inspecting suspect ware, performing rework as necessary, assisting inspector and stacking off cases.
- Work on off-line assignments as directed by the Bottling Supervisor.
- Housekeeping in and around inspection stations
- Monitor and report any safety concerns
- Fill in for various positions on the line, as needed (must be trained on position)
Safety & Compliance
- Abide by all EPA rules and regulations.
- Abide by all OSHA rules and regulations.
- Follows all applicable safety rules for assigned duties including reporting any work-related injury at the time of injury to the supervisor.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner — considering persons, buildings, or other equipment that might be endangered or damaged because of negligence.
Minor Responsibilities 10%
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate all levels of employees/staff/vendors/visitors.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain flexibility as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to complete paperwork associated with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Have basic mechanical skills
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, percentages)
- Must be able to work outdoors subject to inclement weather (heat/ cold) year-round.
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous industrial experience
Job Related Information
The Bottling Labor Pool position has no direct reports.
This job operates 100% in a plant environment.
No travel required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Position requires employee to stand majority of the time. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm EST