Ready Mix Concrete Plant Assistant
Support to Plant Manager in the daily management of Ready Mix location. Back-up to Plant Manager in their absence, responsible for the Plant Manager's duties in supervising subordinate staff of drivers, plant operator, and yard attendant. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Irving Materials, Inc. policies and applicable laws.
- Back-up to Plant Manager in their absence.
- Evaluate and mentor job performance.
- Interview, hire, and train employees.
- Address and resolve employee issues; handle disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the care, cleanliness, and condition of all on-site company assets.
- Coordinate customer orders, scheduling, and dispatching .
- Record daily use and current inventories of materials to ensure the supply of all materials is adequate.
- Responsible for batching ready mix concrete properly; ensure the product is loaded properly.
- Schedule and conduct monthly safety meetings; maintain applicable reports and logs.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work areas and environments.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma, or G.E.D., required.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must be safety oriented and committed to promoting a safe work environment.
- Basic computer skills using Google G Suite and MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead, motivate, coach, and counsel employees.
- Must be willing to reside within the area of responsibility.
- Spanish speaking or bilingual a plus