Escort individuals or groups on sightseeing tours or through places of interest, such as at Heaven Hill Distilleries' Evan Williams Bourbon Experience. This position is specifically responsible for hosting our guided walking tours and tastings while providing information about our products, heritage and industry.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Divulge information that keeps the guests focused on the topic of interest while highlighting the visual artifacts and other offerings.
- Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions
- Escort individuals or groups on sightseeing tours, or through places of interest such as public buildings, visitor centers, etc.
- Act as an educator by providing unique and important facts to inform the visitor's curiosity.
- Monitor visitors' activities to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors
- Greet and register visitors, and issue any required identification badges or safety devices
- Distribute brochures, show audiovisual presentations, and explain establishment processes and operations at tour sites
- Research various topics, including site history, environmental conditions, and client's skills and abilities to plan appropriate expeditions, instruction, and commentary
- Select travel routes and sites to be visited based on knowledge of specific areas
- Drive motor vehicles to transport visitors to establishments and tour site locations
- Working in our retail store and light janitorial duties
- All other duties as required
Who You Are…
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of historical events and their causes, indicators, and effects on heritage and culture
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to talk to others to convey information effectively
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in a team and be a self-starter
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Some college coursework completed
- Familiarity with bourbon knowledge and language
Reporting to this position: No Direct Reports