Position: Bottling Operator 2nd Shift
Shift: Monday – Thursday, 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. with overtime as needed
Reports to: Bottling Supervisor
No secrets. No myths. No fabricated stories.
Bardstown Bourbon Company is a new blend of bourbon makers creating the next industry standard through unparalleled transparency, collaboration, and innovation.
We at Bardstown Bourbon Company has been honored with the prestigious accolade of ‘Worldwide Whiskey Producer of the Year 2023’ by the esteemed International Wine and Spirits Competition
With the most technically advanced and sophisticated distillery in the country, our pledge of transparency is on full display through open spaces and clear glass, putting the art and science of whiskey-making front and center for all to see. In the heart of the Bourbon Capital of the World™, Bardstown Bourbon Co. produces not only our own award-winning and highly sought-after blended bourbons, ryes and finished whiskies, but custom distills and ages whiskies for many brands, from start-up pours to established top shelves.
We are the premiere destination on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail®, combining distilling, culinary, and beverage expertise to create a modern, authentic experience that will engage and delight the bourbon novice and the most sophisticated aficionado.
At our on-site restaurant, Bardstown Bourbon Co. Kitchen and Bar, visitors enjoy chef-driven yet approachable Southern cuisine with international flair paired with creative cocktails, a vast collection of spirits, curated wine list, and our one-of-a-kind Vintage Library, our ode to distilling history stocked with old and rare finds dating back to the 19th century.
Green River Distillery is located in Owensboro and is the 10th oldest distillery in the state producing more than 90,000 barrels of bourbon and rye for its own brands and partners. They produce the flagship Green River Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey which started in 1885 and was re-launched in February 2022.
At Bardstown Bourbon Company, see how we are moving the industry forward and NEVER STANDING STILL. For more information, please visit www.bardstownbourbon.com and www.greenriverdistilling.com
All employees of The Bardstown Bourbon Company must have the following characteristics:
- Appreciate and provide excellent customer service
- Comfortable interacting daily with Bardstown Bourbon Company customers as well as tour groups and guests in a hospitality focused environment
- Excellent team player
- Work to assure on-time production and/or delivery
- Produce at standard-and-above efficiency
- Maintain package quality standards
- Maintain high employee morale and positive relationships
- Follow safe work practices and good housekeeping procedures
- Uphold machines and/or equipment in good repair
- Operate various pieces of equipment within the bottling department, stack cases, feed cases/bottles to the line, make up knock downs, operate labeler, filling machine etc.
- Understand the operation of the equipment and diagnosis operational issues and fix.
- Have a full understanding of line controls
- Must be able to perform change overs efficiently
- Have general understanding of the equipment and its operation with the ability to make adjustments as needed
- Recommend changes or improvement in methods, equipment, handling, or lay-out
- Responsible for accuracy of required reports and record-keeping
- Input data as required in Distillery Solutions.
- Control scrap and waste
- Follows all Company, EPA, TTB, and Safety regulations and policies.
- Commitment for the Company’s ISO program including the quality and food safety of our products.
- Other duties as assigned by management
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Have diploma or GED, or equivalent training and experience.
- Have experience in team-based manufacturing environment
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong math, analytical & counting skills
- Have strong computer skills
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job:
- Must be able to stand; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to work in uncontrolled temperature environment.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds on a regular basis from floor to shoulder.
- Must be able to physically navigate around a plant/production environment, including the repetitive climbing of stairs and elevated walkways.
The Bardstown Bourbon Company is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of The Bardstown Bourbon Company to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees, without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.