We are looking to hire a Distillery Operator to join our Lux Row team in Bardstown, KY. The Distillery Operator is responsible for the daily operation of all distillery processes. This position is responsible for monitoring and operating distillery equipment and processes, cleaning and sanitizing equipment and performing appropriate testing required throughout the distilling process. The Distillery Operator is ensuring that production of product is meeting expectations of the company.
What will you do?
- Monitoring and operating all functions of the distillery process – grain receiving/cookers/fermentation/distillation and processing.
- Must have ability to open and close manual valves in accordance with process schedule.
- Monitoring gauges and/or dials to verify the appropriate temperatures and flows are being maintained throughout the process.
- Performing and understand regular testing throughout fermentation and distilling process to determine necessary information is within specifications.
- Cleaning of all tanks by rinsing after cooking or fermentation is complete.
- Perform Clean-in-Place (CIP) duties for sanitizing and cleaning of tanks and vessels as needed.
- Responsible for routine minor maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Filling out necessary paperwork to track progress of distillery processes.
- Comply with all necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Safety requirements.
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping within the assigned area and other surrounding areas.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience with a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Self starter, work independently and very organized.
- Have basic computer skills - working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
Who are we?
MGP Ingredients is a leading supplier of premium distilled spirits and food ingredient solutions. Its Distilling Solutions segment provides bourbons, whiskeys, ryes, gins and vodkas to craft and multinational brands. MGP’s own Branded Spirits business is growing following the 2021 acquisition of Luxco, a top spirits producer, bottler, supplier, and importer. Ingredient Solutions delivers nutritional, functional wheat- and pea-based ingredients aligned with consumer trends. The company operates in locations across the Midwestern U.S., and overseas in Northern Ireland and Mexico.