Today our bank operates under the same basic charter that was issued on January 20, 1870 to “The German Bank” which officially began operations on April 3, 1870. Seventeen years later, on February 3, 1887, the Dollar Savings Bank was organized in Wheeling. The two banks would eventually merge and the combined bank’s leaders were incredibly active in building a better, stronger region. It was the first of many acquisitions and mergers that would allow us to grow with the needs of our customers.
Through the years, we’ve been there as the people of this area fought through the rise and fall of industrial cycles, natural disasters, crop disasters and personal tragedies. And we’ve been inspired by the resilience and optimism of the people we serve. The spirit of our customers drove us to be a better bank then – and it drives us to this day.