Position: Part-time Host/Hostess
Hours of work: Flexible, with some evenings and weekend shifts. Holidays are required.
This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door. The host/hostess seats and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional, and quick manner. Must demonstrate genuine hospitality to make guests feel welcome and have the ability to handle guests’ concerns in a friendly and exceptional manner. Maintains a professional appearance and a positive attitude at all times. Must have a cordial, outgoing personality, with the desire to provide a high level of service and hospitality.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests.
- Take phone reservations accurately and inputs all details in the POS system.
- Takes phone calls from customers answering questions regarding the menu, restaurant, and give directions to the restaurant.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction.
- Always strives to exceed guests' expectations.
- Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Clean, organize, and stock menus in the host area.
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Fill to-go orders, if applicable.
- Provide assistance to co-workers as needed to provide a high level of service.
- Maintain restrooms throughout the shift.
- Upon departure, thank guests for choosing our restaurant and invites them back.
- Sweeps the foyer area to make sure it is clear of falling leaves from trees.
- Commitment to the Company’s ISO program including the quality and food safety of our products.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Prior restaurant experience.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to speak fluent English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer skills.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- Stands during the entire shift.
- Reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Verbally communicates with the guests and phone callers.
- Must be able to read, write, and determine wait time based on The Kitchen & Bar’s procedures.
- Must be able to visually scan the restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables.
- This position requires frequent washing of hands
The Bardstown Bourbon Company is a celebration of the art of making whiskey and the community responsible for helping bring it to the world. No secrets. No hidden recipes. Located on 100 acres of active farmland in the “Bourbon Capital of the World,” the Bardstown Bourbon Company is the largest new distillery in the country that will:
- Produce high-quality, authentic Kentucky bourbon, whiskey, and rye brands;
- Offer custom whiskey production for distillers and non-distilling brand owners interested in creating new whiskey products and improving the quality and scale of their current brands;
- Provide a unique, entertaining, educational, and interactive destination experience for visitors on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
For more information, please visit www.bardstownbourbon.com.
The Bardstown Bourbon Company is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of The Bardstown Bourbon Company to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees, without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.