Provides personal contact, currency and account related services for members. Performs routine member transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, and check cashing with a high degree of accuracy. Maintains accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures. Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related products, services, policies, procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area. Actively cross-sales Credit Union products and services in the community and/or retail setting. Actively cross-selling is job requirement.
- Promotes Credit Union products and services based on member needs obtained from member interviews and/or review of members accounts. Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all Credit Union products and services that are handled or promoted by the Credit Union. Actively cross-sales Credit Union products and services.
- Serves as the Credit Union’s primary contact with its members, both in providing services and in routing inquiries to appropriate personnel. Greets and welcomes members to the Credit Union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Receives deposits and payments for all types of accounts, verify cash and negotiability of checks and issues receipts, giving credit for funds according to established policies. Inputs data ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Cashes checks and accepts withdrawal requests in accordance with established policies, referring questionable transactions to supervisor for approval. Inputs data ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Follows all security policies and procedures. Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related polices and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures. Reports discrepancies or suspicious activity to supervisor.
- Opens and assists members with safety deposit boxes.
- Maintains assigned cash drawer, balances work daily and complies with teller accuracy standards. Responsible for change fund.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc. Reports malfunctions of the teller computer and other equipment used at teller station to appropriate supervisory individual. Keeps teller station clear of clutter. Neat and Organized.
Performs other duties as required or assigned. This list of essential duties is not exhaustive; it may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate Credit Union products and services in order to cross-sell.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a willingness to support others within the Credit Union.
- Ability to independently balance cash drawer and comply with established teller accuracy standards.
- Must maintain professional demeanor in all situations.
- Must maintain professional appearance, representing the Credit Union in the highest standards.
- Ability to operate a personal computer with a high level of proficiency in such software applications as word processing, spreadsheets, internet and email. Ability to operate a fax, calculator and copier.
Cash handling and balancing experience.